ISE Storage Software
The X-IO storage resource management platform delivers simple but powerful storage administration for managing both virtual and physical environments, as well as actionable intelligence for improving, streamlining and predicting storage operations and requirements. XIO's storage management software is built around Cortex, a RESTful web-based management service that enables the discovery, monitoring, and configuration of all ISE storage resources. Moreover, it's designed to provide simple flexible integration with applications running in virtual and physical environments.
ISE Manager is an intuitive management interface that provides simple, user-friendly storage and server administration without sacrificing precision. Traditional storage provision requires a dozen or more steps across the storage system, the server and the virtual or physical machine. ISE Manager allows you to create new volumes with a simple 3-click process. In addition ISE Manager "Virtual View" provide simple point-and --click interaction for creating and monitoring virtual disks in Citrix, Hyper-V and VMware infrastructures.
ISE Performance Adapter for Windows Performance Monitor
When performance is a priority, this software adapter gets information from the CorteX web service and enables the powerful Windows Performance Monitor to capture and collect performance and capacity information for many ISE storage systems. These statistics can be collected at very granular intervals (seconds) for troubleshooting or at course intervals (hours) for trending. These captures can be viewed in Performance Monitor or can be imported into spreadsheets or even databases.
Cortex is XIO's RESTful web-based management service that is built-in to all ISE storage systems as well as being integrated with the XIO storage resource management platform: ISE Manager and ISE Analyzer. Cortex enables simple commands and interfacing for the discovery, monitoring, and configuration of all ISE storage resources. CorteX is designed such that the ISE systems can be easily controlled via custom scripting or the storage management functionality inside operating systems, hypervisors, databases, and other applications.
ISE Software Adapters and Providers
The XIO certified storage software adapters and providers enable ISE storage systems and ISE storage resource management functionality to embed within vendor-specific management consoles, user interfaces and software services. There are numerous, valuable XIO software adapters and providers that integrate ISE into VMware, Citrix, Hyper-V, Storage Foundation, and Windows Server environments.
Simple, Powerful Storage Administration for Virtual and Physical Environments
ISE Manager is an intuitive management interface that provides simple, user-friendly storage and server administration without sacrificing precision. It allows for the enterprise to simplify, centralize, and automate the administration with software tailored for intelligent storage. The seamless integration of multiple ISE Storage Systems units creates a dynamic performance-driven cloud of storage for host applications. ISE Manager is the platform to navigate, deploy, and provision storage throughout the cloud.
- Simplified Provisioning and Capacity Deployment - Traditional storage provisioning requires a dozen or more steps across the storage system, the server, and the virtual or physical machine. ISE Manager allows you to create new volumes with a simple three-click process.
- Intuitive Windows OS-like Interface - ISE Manager is designed to function with intuitive menus and wizards similar to the experience of using the Windows Operating Systems. ISE Manager is easy enough for a novice user to operate, but provides all the functionality expected by an advanced user.
- 3rd Party Hypervisor Integration - ISE Manager's award winning Virtual View works in concert with the management software from VMware, Citrix, and Hyper-V to optimize storage deployment and provisioning. This creates a compatible environment without any lost functionality and dramatically reduces setup time for virtual storage.
- Real-Time Storage Performance Dashboard - ISE Manager collects telemetry data from ISE storage and reports it at a granular level. This allows you to avoid bottlenecks, allocate resources more effectively, and create more accurate forecasts for storage needs.
- Centralized Management - Allows the user to manage all ISE storage systems across sites as part of a single storage cloud or multiple independent clouds.
ISE Performance Adapter
Performance monitoring and evaluation is a critical function in any computing environment but especially important in VDI, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, and Cloud Computing solutions. These environments have performance requirements that would be considered Super Computing levels just a few years ago. Performance monitoring for these environments requires several features above and beyond day-to-day operations monitoring:
- 1. Fine-grained resolution (measured in single-digit seconds between samples)
- 2. The ability to access thousands of possible monitoring points
- 3. A systematic method for creating, storing, and automatically naming log files
- 4. Mechanism to extract pertinent data for analysis and truncate the data based on a specific timeframe
- 5. Method for visualizing the data from real-time or archived data sources
- 6. Data portability. Data must be able to be converted to different formats that can be imported to any utility that a customer uses for visualizing the data.
Performance monitoring of this level has traditionally not been feasible or has been prohibitively expensive. Solutions that can provide this level of insight to system performance have been difficult to implement and required expensive software licenses to purchase. When these solutions have been implemented, analysis has generally been limited to only the tools that the storage vendor supplies with the monitoring application. This data is usually captive in each vendor’s specific format.
Unlike other storage systems, the ISE constantly reports detailed performance metrics with no performance penalty. The X-IO Performance Adapter for Windows Performance Monitor has been designed to provide X-IO customers a method to access the wealth of real-time data that is available from the ISE Storage System. This application leverages the Microsoft Windows Performance Monitor platform by providing insight into the ISE systems that high performance environments require.