DataCore Software, GreenBytes, Pure Storage, Quantum, and X-IO Certify Emulex 16GFC to Maximize Best-of-breed Technology
COSTA MESA, Calif., March 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/–Emulex Corporation (NYSE: ELX) today announced broad partner adoption of its LightPulse® 16Gb Fibre Channel (16GFC) Host Bus Adapters (HBAs) worldwide, for joint virtualization, flash storage and data archiving and backup solutions. DataCore™ Software, GreenBytes, Pure Storage, Quantum, and X-IO have certified Emulex 16GFC HBAs with their solutions, enabling the most scalable solutions for databases, virtualized and transaction-intensive environments in today’s demanding data centers. Emulex 16GFC HBAs are the most widely deployed 16GFC HBAs by OEMs, with more than 70 percent of the overall revenue market share for 20121.
“Partners and appliance integrators continue to certify and adopt Emulex 16GFC I/O connectivity solutions because we offer the best performing HBA available today, enabling the most compelling application throughput and I/O scalability,” said Shaun Walsh, senior vice president of marketing and corporate development, Emulex. “In addition, our superior reliability and extensive interoperability testing allows for seamless deployment across multiple platforms.”
Three key technologies that require the performance and low latency benefits of Emulex 16GFC adapters include virtualization, flash storage and data backup and recovery. Partners have certified Emulex 16GFC HBAs in the following ways:
• DataCore Software: Emulex LightPulse 16GFC HBAs have been qualified as “DataCore Ready” ensuring interoperability with DataCore’s SANsymphony™-V storage hypervisor. SANsymphony-V leverages Emulex technology to circumvent bottlenecks associated with storage networking and maximize the capabilities of DataCore’s storage virtualization software as it augments virtual and physical IT environments to get the highest availability, fastest performance and maximum utilization from online disks.
• GreenBytes: Emulex 16GFC HBAs are certified for use with GreenBytes’ IO Offload Engine, a desktop virtualization solution, maximizing the effective performance and capacity of existing infrastructure to provide persistent, full-featured virtual desktops with the manageability, scalability and affordability required for cloud-scale virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) deployments.
• Pure Storage: Emulex 16GFC HBAs are certified for use with the Pure Storage FA-series FlashArray from Pure Storage. Emulex HBAs enable faster connectivity for the FA-series, which is part of the ultra-low latency experience that FlashArray users need for enterprise applications, such as virtual desktops infrastructure, databases and analytics platforms, virtualized server environments and cloud environments.
• X-IO Technologies: Emulex 16GFC HBAs are certified for use with the X-IO ISE-2 and Hyper ISE storage system, X-IO’s purpose-built hybrid storage solution for server and desktop virtualization, cloud computing, and other database management system (DBMS) applications with multitenant workloads generating near-simultaneous I/O requests to shared storage resources. Combined, this optimized solution is a simple and efficient way to rapidly deliver critical information across the enterprise, for the life of the solution.
Data Archiving and Backup
• Quantum: The Quantum LTO6 drives within the Quantum Scalar i500 and i6000 libraries leverage Emulex 16GFC HBAs to deliver increased bandwidth for improved backup and recovery performance. This is important as applications drive increased storage growth, resulting in the need for robust and rapid backup to minimize both data loss and downtime.
“Our longstanding partnership with Emulex has benefited thousands of customers around the world. The Emulex 16GFC HBAs deliver very high throughput and low latency, key to enabling deployments of densely virtualized servers,” said Carlos M. Carreras, vice president of alliances and business development at DataCore Software. “Combined, DataCore’s SANsymphony-V storage hypervisor with Emulex 16GFC technology addresses the performance, availability and scalability needs of today’s mission-critical applications such as Oracle, SAP and SQL in virtual environments.”
“Delivering desktop applications to hundreds or thousands of end users as a managed centralized service places heavy demands on centralized storage, a problem that is exceptionally well addressed with 16GFC connectivity for the back-end servers,” said Bob Petrocelli, founder and CTO, GreenBytes. “Emulex 16GFC HBAs are an ideal complement to GreenBytes’ IO Offload Engine because of their efficiency and performance per watt, which is necessary for the toughest desktop virtualization environments today.”
“Flash memory is on pace to replace the spinning hard drive in performance storage, but is too expensive to deploy broadly. Pure Storage’s all-flash storage array overcomes this price challenge, delivering hundreds of terabytes of high-performance flash in a highly-available, plug-compatible array form-factor, all for less than the cost of spinning disk,” said Matt Kixmoeller, vice president, products, Pure Storage. “By certifying Emulex’s LightPulse 16GFC HBAs with our array, we enable faster and more flexible connectivity solutions for our customers.”
“Quantum’s Scalar i500 and i6000 libraries are ideal for long-term data storage and archiving for enterprises faced with massive data growth that needs to be stored for longer periods of time for compliance reasons or because it is business-critical,” said Eric Bassier, director of product marketing, Quantum. “These companies need a cost-effective, reliable, and easy-to-manage solution with options to scale from terabytes up to many petabytes, and when coupled with Emulex 16GFC HBAs, Quantum’s Scalar libraries deliver improved backup and recovery performance to address customers’ data storage requirements, now and in the future.”
“X-IO’s ISE-2 and Hyper ISE storage systems are geared towards a performance and capacity balance for server and desktop virtualization, cloud computing and I/O-intensive DBMS applications, where maximum performance and low TCO are required,” said Blair Parkhill, vice president of marketing, X-IO. “Together with Emulex 16GFC HBAs, we can rapidly deliver critical information across the enterprise, support larger server virtualization deployments and scalable cloud initiatives, and offer the performance to match new multi-core processors, and faster server host bus architectures.”
1 Dell’Oro Group’s Q4 2012 Fibre Channel Adapter Vendor, February 2013
Follow Emulex on Twitter.
Emulex, the leader in network connectivity, monitoring and management, provides hardware and software solutions for global networks that support enterprise, cloud, government and telecommunications. Emulex’s products enable unrivaled end-to-end application visibility, optimization and acceleration. The Company’s I/O connectivity offerings, including its line of ultra high-performance Ethernet and Fibre Channel-based connectivity products, have been designed into server and storage solutions from leading OEMs, including Cisco, Dell, EMC, Fujitsu, Hitachi, HP, Huawei, IBM, NetApp and Oracle, and can be found in the data centers of nearly all of the Fortune 1000. Emulex’s monitoring and management solutions, including its portfolio of network visibility and recording products, provide organizations with complete network performance management at speeds up to 100Gb Ethernet. Emulex is headquartered in Costa Mesa, Calif., and has offices and research facilities in North America, Asia and Europe. For more information about Emulex (NYSE: ELX) please visit www.Emulex.com.
Director, Corporate Communications
Senior Manager, Public Relations and Social Media
SOURCE Emulex Corporation